Out of Bounds: Defined by White Stakes, inside edge of roadways, and property line.
Lateral Hazards: Defined by Red Stakes or Lines (Lines Supersede Stakes)
Environmentally Sensitive Areas: Defined by red stake with green top. Particularly holes 2, 13, 15 and 16. A ball hit into these areas cannot be played. You must take a penalty and drop outside of these areas.
Coquina Paths: A golfer is allowed a free drop from all coquina paths no matter the width of the path with the exception of hole # 8. On hole #8 the cart path widens out on the left side of the fairway to form a waste area before narrowing back down to a cart path closer to the green. The wide area will be played as a waste area and you must play your ball as it lies.
Drop Areas: Par 3's Silver Markers. On hole #5 the drop area is on the right of the cart path in front of the grasses.
Ball Hawking: Is prohibited in all preserve areas.
Pace of Play: 4Hr 20Min or less. "Play Ready Golf" be ready to take your shot when it is your turn. One practice swing only. Keep up with the group in front of you to avoid slow play.
Spike Marks: Spike marks on the green may be repaired whether or not they are in the line of a putt.
'Mushy' ground: Water soaked ground is considered 'standing water' or 'ground under repair'. You may drop one club length (no closer to the hole) from the ground under repair or from standing water.
When returning to the Pro Shop at the end of your round, do not drive on the sidewalks use cart paths or roadways only.
Late Players: If a team member is not there at the time of tee-off, the rest of the group must not wait, but tee-off on schedule. The Late Player will be assessed 2 strokes if they are not at the tee for their scheduled tee time. They may still play that day if their group has not completely holed out the first hole and the player can catch up, however they will have to forfeit the day of play if the group is past the first hole played.
Teeing Ground Area: The ball must be teed up on or behind a line made by the two tee markers. You can move your ball no more than two club lengths behind this line if you like, but you may not have your ball in front of this line without incurring a two stroke penalty. If you top your ball off the tee, you must play it where it lies even if it is only one inch away. This counts as a stroke and it cannot be re-teed. Teeing up a second time is "hitting three". No Mulligans!
No 10 Stroke Maximum Rule: For individual and flighted game purposes, you must play your ball out regardless of the number of strokes on the hole. If you pick up on a hole, you are disqualified from the game as well as from the putting contest. Mark your score for that hole as X. You can still finish the game however you are not eligible for prize money. Continue to record your scores for the remaining holes and finish your round. You may still post your score in GHIN for handicap purposes by following the ESC rules (see below). For team events, if your ball will not count on a certain hole, you do not need to putt out unless you are in the putting contest.
Maintaining Your Handicap: On league day your scores will be entered into GHIN by the Pro Shop. Games played on other days or on other courses should be entered when you play by the Rules of Golf. There is a maximum number of strokes that you can take for GHIN purposes, net double bogey. (Net Double Bogey = Double Bogey + any handicap strokes received on a hole). The GHIN app will automatically calculate your maximum strokes if you enter your gross score using the hole by hole scores option.
Putting Green: If you hit another players ball when putting, it is a 2 stroke penalty. It is the responsibility of the player putting to ask for the ball to be marked. ** If you are on the green and putt off, it is still considered a putt when you are putting back onto it. (League Rule)
**Scoring: Keep two scorecards, verifying scores after each hole. If you disagree with someone's score, talk through the hole shot by shot to see what was missed. If you get challenged about a reported score, be polite! We all miscount sometimes. The official scorecard must be signed by the scorekeeper and the backup scorer before being turned in. Count all strokes. If you swing at the ball and miss, this is a whiff and must be counted as a stroke.
**NO**Cell Phones: Cell phones should only be used on the golf course for emergencies. In the event of an Emergency dial 911 first then call the Pro Shop.
Consideration for Other Players
On the Putting Green
Pace of Play
PLEASE!!! Replace all ball marks on greens and place sand in divots and rake bunkers.
Have FUN, Smile!
• Annual Dues: Includes the SWGA Membership Fee, and the Club's GHIN Handicap system fee. Range balls are complimentary on request on league days. "Ringer Cards" are provided on your first day of play during the season so that you can keep track of your best GROSS score per hole throughout the season.
• League Play: The league plays on Wednesdays from November to April with assigned foursomes and tee times. Weekly discounted golf rates are determined by Stoneybrook GC and are payable at the Pro Shop the morning of event day. For weekly play, you must sign up via Golf Genius.com or send an email to SBWEstero@gmail.com NO later than 12:00PM on the Monday prior to Wednesday's play. Cancellations should be made as soon as possible via email SBWEstero@gmail.com or call 239-948-3933
• Note: If a member does not show up for play and has not cancelled, they will be removed from the membership if this occurs two (2) times during a league season. The dues will not be refunded.
• Requests for special pairings will not be honored.
• Dress Code: Women may either wear a collared shirt with or without sleeves or a Non-collared shirt with sleeves. NO JEANS.
• Wednesdays: Plan to be in your cart and ready for announcements by 7:45. Also, allow extra time if you want to practice. Members' golf bags will be loaded from bag drop area into the assigned carts. Pairing names will be displayed on the front of cart along with the starting hole.
• Game Schedule/Calendar/Payout Guidelines: Each member will be provided with a document that outlines the game for each week, as well as when the special events and meetings are to be held. It will also note the prize payout guidelines for the different types of games.
• Scorecards: A scorecard, configured for the game of the day, will be available on each cart. Both scorecards should be marked, with confirmation of strokes and putts (if necessary), at the end of each hole (leave the green area before you do this, perhaps at the next tee box). At the conclusion of the round, both scorecards should be totaled and verified that they match and signed by 2 people.
• Golf Genius: Each foursome or group will assign ONE person to record gross scores on the Golf Genius App. These scores must match the scorecard submitted for that days’ game.
• GHIN — Your Personal Score: Each time you play during league your score for that day will be posted by the Pro Shop into the GHIN system. It is suggested that you verify your posted score is correct. You can go online at home at www.GHlN.com or use the GHIN mobile device app.
• Birdies and Chip-ins: Record your birdies and/or chip-ins on the designated sheets on the SWGA bulletin board located at the back of the Pro Shop.
• Handicaps: the maximum playing handicap given for league play is 32. Even if your handicap is higher, you are only allowed a maximum of 2 strokes per hole for league or special event play. Handicaps are based on play from the Competitor (red) tees.
• Prize Money — Regular League: Prize money in the form of Proshop credit will be awarded in January for Nov - Dec earnings, and again at the end of the season at the Member/Member tournament for the Jan - Mar earnings. The recognition of the most birdies and chip-ins, "Ringer Card" best results and Most Improved are also awarded at the Member/Member tournament.
• League Rosters: Each member will be provided with a roster of member names and contact information. The Board of Directors and Assistant Pro information is located in the footer. For privacy reasons, we require that this document and its associated information only be used for league purposes.
• Tipping: The discounted league rate does not include tips for the bag attendants. SWGA encourages tipping before and/or after your round.
Note: USGA RULES OF GOLF GOVERN ALL PLAY